· strong people skills.
· sense of fairness in dealing with people and issues.
consistency in behavior.
· able to control emotions and keep them out of decision making
· believe that employees are more important to his/her and the company's success than he/she is.
· willing to seek input from employees and build consensus.
· well controlled egos.
· good listeners.
· ability to be direct when needed without being abusive or offensive.
· sincere interest in people and their well being.
· good perceptive/intuitive abilities.
· good understanding of what makes people tick.
· allow others to get credit for positive outcomes.
· understand that hiring good people is critical to their success and they do not micromanage.
· willing to admit to their own shortcomings and mistakes and do not feel a persistent need to be right.